- Are you a Registered Nurse who is passionate about supporting people with cancer?
- Do you have an interest in evidence-informed integrative therapies to support health and wellbeing?
- Do you hold training and substantial experience in IV therapy and intravenous cannulation?
This is a unique opportunity to work in a
progressive medical clinic dedicated to supporting people with cancer.
Quantum Clinic is situated in East Hoathly –
just off the A22.
We run a specialist consultant-led integrative
medicine service for adults with cancer.
We are seeking an enthusiastic nurse to assist
the physician in delivering integrative therapies to our patients.
This job would suit you if you are a
nurse qualified and experienced in delivering intravenous infusions and you
would like to expand your clinical services to patients with cancer within an
integrative healthcare setting. The job will include the administration of
intravenous and subcutaneous therapies and you will be required to have
substantial experience in venepuncture and cannulation.
The role will involve both clinical and
admin duties, currently 3 days clinical, 2 days admin although you will be
required to be flexible to meet the clinic’s needs.
To be considered for this role, you must:
- Be a Registered Nurse and hold current NMC registration
- Be trained and competent in intravenous cannulation and the administration of IV infusions.
- Be able to perform clinical duties independently and without supervision
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent office skills including use of standard computer applications (Word, Excel)
- Be confident and caring, and share our vision of patient centred care.
- Hold a full UK driving license.
Your clinical duties:
- Delivery of intravenous and subcutaneous therapies
- Delivery of integrative therapies including local hyperthermia and exercise with oxygen therapy (training will be provided).
- Provision of a professional phlebotomy and intravenous cannulation service
- Responsibility for accurate sample collection, labelling, packaging and mailing
- Recording of clinical data
- Using standard computer applications eg Word, Excel, clinic software (training will be provided for clinic software)
- Responding to general patient queries; working with the medical director to deliver an exceptional quality of service to patients before and throughout the patient journey
- Updating and filing patient medical records
- Scheduling appointments
- Handling correspondence, billing, and bookkeeping
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties as requested by the medical director.
- Being responsible for the smooth and efficient administration of the practice.
The working days for this role will be
Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm (35 hours a week).
Salary is £27,000 – £32,000 per annum depending
For the right candidate we offer:
- A pleasant work environment
- Paid lunch break
- Free parking
- Reimbursement of annual NMC fees after one year of service
Start date: Mid-late July 2019
Dr Aryan Tavakkoli
Note that since this job involves working in a
health care environment, the post is excluded from the provisions of the
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and disclosure checks are required.